We are looking for a project manager to help us wrangle our diverse portfolio of work.
- You’ll help us manage a number of different projects with different partners and engagement models, making sure we keep on top of timelines, communicate effectively and deliver on the work.
- You’ll be a critical part of our team, responsible for crafting and refining our project management approach, tools, and processes.
- We are a small, multifaceted team, and we all wear many hats. If you also have interests in other areas relevant to our work, such as fundraising, UX design, facilitation, graphic design, writing or communications, you will definitely have the opportunity to build and exercise these skills.
- We care about flexibility and balance to support people to work in a way that they need, and so are open to contract, full-time and part-time models for the role. We are a US 501(c)3 organization that has the ability to hire in the US, Germany and anywhere supported by remote.com.
- This role will start in October/November, 2022, and offers a salary in the $60,000-$80,000 range including benefits. For employees, we have a benefit structure that emphasizes equity between countries, but in all countries where we can hire, we offer health insurance, contributions towards retirement, paid vacation and federal holidays, a device stipend and a monthly office stipend. We can provide specific information about benefits based on location.
Founded in 2014, we are a small US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the goal of making security tools easier to use. We believed – and still do – that security doesn’t have to be confusing to end users. Since then, we’ve expanded our scope of work: we design for trustworthy technology and work to change who technology serves. We’ve contributed design to a variety of tools that enhance security such as Mobile Surveillance Monitor, Tails, I2P, and NoScript. We’ve also launched a toolkit for funders of digital infrastructure, a decentralization pattern library; a report on trust and transparency in nonprofit funding; a campaign to save internet freedom tech; a community around human rights centered design; a series of videos about trust and responsibility in design; and much, much more.
We’re also rebranding, moving away from the name “Simply Secure.” More info in this blog!
- You have experience with project management, including project delivery and as a project lead.
- You are knowledgeable about one or more of the following areas: open source software, internet freedom, tech criticism and activism, human rights, research & scientific software.
- You have excellent project team communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- You enjoy simplifying complex projects, tracking details, and making sure the project teams are working well together.
- You are experienced in client or partner-centered communication and project management.
- You are able to manage a balance of strategic planning and tactical execution.
- You are comfortable advocating for yourself and your work to make sure that you are getting what you need to be successful.
- You are familiar with working in the nonprofit space.
- You like working independently and in collaboration with a fully remote, distributed team.
- You are available to work with overlap during prime work hours where we have team members (11-6pm Central Europe / 10-5pm UK / 8-6pm US Eastern / 8-3pm US Pacific).
Nice to have
- Experience in research and design work, eg human-centered design, design thinking, service design, UX design or participatory research (specifically field research).
- Comfortable with collaborative work tools (we currently use Notion, Slack, Miro and Google Suite).
- Comfortable with exploring and evaluating new tools.
- Comfortable in cross-cultural communication, e.g. experience with international work.
Sound like a good fit?
Please send us:
- Examples of your work. With each link or document you send, please tell us about the timeline and process: How did these outputs get created? Who was involved? What did the process look like? How long did it take?
- 1-2 references. References will be taken in the last phase of application review.
- The times you are available for approx 45 minutes to 1 hour for interviews within our working hours (9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time).
This position is open until filled, and applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. We will stop accepting applications on October 31, 2022. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We believe that systemic bad behaviors disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. We are open to candidates from around the world. Final hiring decisions will be contingent upon our ability to contract and pay in the candidate’s country. Simply Secure does not provide relocation or visa support.
No longer accepting applications.