The deadline for applying to this role has passed.
We’re looking for a leader who can help us design and implement our long-term strategic vision, and support our teams to realize their full potential.
- You’ll be a critical part of our leadership team, responsible for overseeing staffing and organizational culture, and professional development.
- You’ll grow our programs, business development strategy, network of collaborators, and strengthen our teams to ensure internal cohesion and stability.
- You’ll work with key staff to build a multi-year strategy to support our unique position as collaborative technologists designing for safety & privacy.
We are a small US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded in 2014 with the goal of making secure communications tools easier to use. We believed – and still do – that security doesn’t have to be confusing to end users. We’ve contributed design to a variety of projects, such as Tails to I2P to NoScript. We’ve held salons and a residency around designing for security. But we’ve done a lot more than usable security. Just in the last year, we’ve launched a decentralization pattern library; a report on trust and transparency in nonprofit funding; a campaign to save internet freedom tech; a community around human rights centered design; a series of videos about trust and responsibility in design; and much, much more.
We’re also working through an open rebranding process, moving away from the name “Simply Secure” and toward an identity that more accurately reflects the diversity of the work we do.Learn more on our blog.
- Are a critical senior leader with strengths as a manager, strategist, and culture builder.
- Have demonstrated organizational strategy, facilitation, and people management skills.
- Have experience and deep understanding of the civil society space in the US and EU as it intersects with technology.
- Have an extensive network of community organizations, nonprofits and advocacy groups, philanthropic partners, and a political understanding of key world regions.
- Are comfortable with cross-cultural communication, collaboration and conflict resolution, through work with international teams.
- Have experience managing and enjoy working with a fully remote, distributed team, across many time zones and cultures.
- Have availability during our prime work hours (11-6pm Central Europe / 10-5pm UK / 8-6pm US Eastern / 8-3pm US Pacific)
Nice to have
- Experience with research and design work, e.g. human-centered design, design thinking, service design, ux design, or participatory research (specifically field research).
- Knowledgeable about one or more of the following areas: open source software, internet freedom, tech criticism and activism, human rights technology.
- Comfortable with collaborative work tools (we currently use Notion, Miro, and Google Suite).
- Proficiency in major world languages other than English – especially German, French or Spanish.
Sound like a good fit?
Please send us:
The position is open until filled, and we will begin reviewing resumes on Wednesday, November 25th. Please send your resume and cover letter to Nicola Pratt at nicola [ at ] superbloom [ dot ] design by Monday, December 7, 2020.